I'm not entirely sure what my goal is for this blog. I just know that writing can be therapeutic, and I think another outlet would be good for me. Some good friends of mine encouraged me to start this blog, so, here it goes...
I have this amazing little family. It's me, my husband, and two incredibly sweet little boys. My first baby Logan was born pretty healthy, hit most developmental milestones on time, and things came relatively easy to him. They still do. I had always wanted two children, so we went for another. When I found out it was a boy, I was heart-broken. For some reason, I thought I had wanted a girl, and I was mourning the loss of a daughter. (I knew we didn't want more than two kids.) Before my next little one was born though, I realized that I'm actually much better suited to raising boys- sensitive, empathetic boys.
Anyway, right before Logan's third birthday, Jack was born. My sweet little Jack. He flunked his Apgar, with a blueish tone to his skin, 12 fingers, and 12 toes. I only got to hold him for a minute before he was whisked away. Long story short, he spent 10 days in the NICU. It was the longest 10 days ever. My husband and I divided our time between home and hospital. Whew. The poor little one was hooked up to tubes and machines for the first few days. I was constantly pumping, so he could have breast milk to drink. In the end, he came home on Easter Day. It happened to also be April Fool's Day.
I should have known, from his memorable beginning, that Jack would be the most unique of people- always full of surprises and doing things at his own pace. When it came to raising this child (and my other one), it turns out I didn't know jack about parenting. As a teacher, I figured I'd have some clue what I was doing. Lol, nope.
Anyway, I think I'll stop there for now. From what I understand, blog posts are meant to be pretty short. I'm not great at keeping things concise, but I shall try my best. Or at least, I'll try to try.
Thanks for reading and for getting to know a little about me and my Jack.
Love, MB

No comments:
Post a Comment